Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: AOL client .deb available

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159

    AOL client .deb available

    not that I would use or need AOL, but as I came across it, I thought perhaps people might want it integrated into Knoppix:

    http://nikita.ath.cx/~yath/debian/
    AOL Dialer for Debian

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    I thought I wouldn't need an aol client with aol anywhere at:

    www.aol.com

    but I can't access this site using Knoqueror. Anyone else having this trouble?

    TIA,

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    The AOL dialer is to use the AOL Internet access, e.g. DSL, with debian, not for accessing their content/applications.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    I can't get www.aol.com on Konqueror....

    Regards,

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    I never use AOL content, just would like to have my better half check her email without rebooting PC from KNOPPIX to M$ WINDOZE all the time!

    Thanx,

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    you mean http://webmail.aol.com/? That should work with all dialup providers and has nothing to do with dialing into AOL. Btw, http://webmail.aol.com/ should work fine on Konqeror... (I can't check though since I have no AOL account)

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    OK! Thanx, webmail.aol.com works fine. I don't know why I can't load www.aol.com????

    Regards,

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
    I don't know why I can't load www.aol.com????
    I also don't know, it works fine for me in Konqueror. I have Flash installed.

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Oh, you need flash installed for www.aol.com to work? Well, that explains it then. You must have knx-hdinstalled your PC, I'm working off the KNOPPIX CD.

    Regards,

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
    Oh, you need flash installed for www.aol.com to work? Well, that explains it then. You must have knx-hdinstalled your PC, I'm working off the KNOPPIX CD.Regards,
    I am also running from CD, the newest Knoppix version has a menu to install Flash while running from CD (it's in the Knoppix menu).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NIS client - YP Client - SOLVED...
    By lor in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 05:24 PM
  2. GUI FTP client?
    By falstaf in forum Ideas
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 10:24 AM
  3. GUI FTP client
    By kayl in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 10:28 AM
  4. VPN client CD?
    By tiddler in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2003, 04:49 PM
  5. ftp client
    By gart in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 02:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$12.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01