-
Booting knoppix in 1024x480 resolution
Hi
Is it possible to boot knoppix live-cd to 1024x480 resolution. I can't get right resolution to KDE in my sony vaio pcg-c1xd picturebook.
It will always show 1024x768 resolution.
How do I fix this in HDD install? Is it possible?
Sorry if dumb question, thanks for advance.
-
check out the knoppix cheat codes. At startup it pauses for a sec and you can type in a command. That's a weird screen size so I don't think that particular resolution is supported. For a "typical" screen res I think the syntax is "knoppix screen=1024x768". I've found one machine that doesn't work on though - darn thing insist on coming up in VGA for some reason...
-
Hi
Ty for u reply.
Cheatcodes won't help me because my sony vaio picturebook screen size is 1024x480 and 1024x768 will not show full desktop.
I have tryed to edit XF86Config and XF86Config-4 files on etc/X11 on my hdd install. I dont know where knoppix gets this resolution because I removed all other resolutions on these configs and kde still boots with 1024x768.
-
Try running "kxconfig" as root from terminal
KC
-
Try running "kxconfig" as root from terminal
KC
Similar Threads
-
By deepak_abc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-31-2007, 09:11 AM
-
By iam980hk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-15-2005, 06:26 PM
-
By mattpist in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 07:39 AM
-
By rchinnock88 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 08:12 PM
-
By AdamW in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-31-2003, 06:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99