-
Re: Freezes in Boot
Hi I'm a newbie to linux and knoppix.
I downloaded knoppix 3.8.1 and burned it to a cd. However when I try booting it, it freezes.
When I start up computer (bios is set to boot from cd) the Knoppix 3.8.1 screen appears.
I press [Enter] next to the word 'Boot:'
it goes:
Loading linux24...
Loading minirt24.gz...
Loading...
Then the pc will hang and I have to press the reboot button.
Anyone have any idea what the problem is? or what i should do?
PC Stats:
Pentium IV Northwood 2.66
256MB RAM
Video Memory 128MB
Mobo Asrock P4AL-8X
Hardrive no1: 80GB
Hardrive no2: 120GB
DVDWriter Lite-On SOHW-1653S
any help much appreciated
Similar Threads
-
By Ripscarface in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-26-2007, 11:11 PM
-
By shawnrgr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-30-2006, 01:28 AM
-
By NetGeek in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-23-2005, 12:54 AM
-
By k225yt in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-25-2005, 12:56 PM
-
By HalfWalker in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-17-2003, 09:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector
$50.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$389.00

Vintage Compaq Deskpro 286 AT PC Computer Complete w/Drives Powers On
$189.99

Vintage Microsoft Green-Eyed Mouse 1983 First Gen Bus connector Tested - Video
$350.00

Vintage Microsoft Office 1.0 Apple Macintosh 1989 Big Box Software Sealed
$399.99

Vintage Compaq SLT/386s/20 laptop Boots to DOS, power supply, CMOS dead working
$345.00

Vintage Raidmax Galaxy ATX-988 Sleeper Mid PC Case Only Retro Gaming Silver Blue
$149.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Compaq Contura 4/25c Laptop Computer With Power Adapter & Bag
$199.99