-
Re: Freezes in Boot
Hi I'm a newbie to linux and knoppix.
I downloaded knoppix 3.8.1 and burned it to a cd. However when I try booting it, it freezes.
When I start up computer (bios is set to boot from cd) the Knoppix 3.8.1 screen appears.
I press [Enter] next to the word 'Boot:'
it goes:
Loading linux24...
Loading minirt24.gz...
Loading...
Then the pc will hang and I have to press the reboot button.
Anyone have any idea what the problem is? or what i should do?
PC Stats:
Pentium IV Northwood 2.66
256MB RAM
Video Memory 128MB
Mobo Asrock P4AL-8X
Hardrive no1: 80GB
Hardrive no2: 120GB
DVDWriter Lite-On SOHW-1653S
any help much appreciated
Similar Threads
-
By Ripscarface in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-26-2007, 11:11 PM
-
By shawnrgr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-30-2006, 01:28 AM
-
By NetGeek in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-23-2005, 12:54 AM
-
By k225yt in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-25-2005, 12:56 PM
-
By HalfWalker in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-17-2003, 09:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2
$30.00

Nanya NT32GA72D4NFX3K-JR 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA K25 DDR4 RDIMM RAM Server Memory
$199.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2400T-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$340.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99