IceWM is very cool, but it's not at all clear (at least to me) where it gets all its resources from. I've copied the preferences file to ~/.icewm/ and made changes there, but only some - and not all - of the changes appear to take effect. Fonts for instance are defined eslewhere apparently and not defined by the appropriate lines in the preferences file. It also uses a different X86FConfig-4 from KDE or gets its hardware information elsewhere; dpkg-reconfigure ... goes throught he motions but the results don't get written back to that file (I discovered after spending an hour or so trying to get .icewm to realise it was dealing with a keyboard with an uk layout.) KDE was set up ok in minutes.
Icepref seems to write the results of changes made there to the preferences file as expected, but again icewm took litle notice. Copying the preferences file to ./prefoverride helped a bit but not entirely.
Why are these things so badly documented? Any clues to a good explanation as to setting up icewm properly? I don't want the setup to interact with any choices I make in KDE. Now I find the r-click menu from the icewm desktop has disappeared!
Should I just give up on it and install Gnome?
Regds, RM.

Vintage FrameMaker 3.0 Macintosh Software Original Box Manuals 3.5" Floppies
$99.99
IBM 3270 Keyboard Beam Spring - With Manual - Vintage Rare Beamspring
$3000.00
Vintage Epson Apex Plus AP3001A Dual 360K Disk Drives PC w/ Epson Apex Keyboard
$249.95
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Vintage PC sleeper case 2000 Pentium 4 full tower 6 drive bays
$59.99
Vintage PPI Super Sketch G2400 for Texas Instruments TI99/4A
$150.00
Huge Lot of 20+ Vintage Akai MIDI Floppy Disks
$399.99
Rare Vintage Nec Mobile Gear II MC R430 Computer Japanese Windows Ce
$299.99
Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo
$299.00
Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99