-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
ktheking
Yes and No
No:
Drivers are usually available in source thus demands recompiling.
Winmodem iniatilisation usually demands firmware upload and pci-irq sharing ,thus kernel-recompiling too.
So use it on the fly like the script from Fabian

,don't think so.
Hm, I think there is hope.
The winmodem driver I have seen did not compile but as I could see it did not demand kernel-compilation either.
Kai Lahmann got nVidia nForce driver for nvnet (netword-card) working.
And I myself, as you know alsa, so I think if its just a module to be compiled it could be added 
Then you would just have to take a live-installer with you on a floppy or usb and have your modem working everywhere with knoppix.
However I need to get real requests which modem, where to download driver and if it compiles and is usable just as modules.
cu
Fabian
Similar Threads
-
By Billabong9305 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 12:02 AM
-
By TomPittman in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 01:34 AM
-
By DMATT6000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 08:34 AM
-
By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-26-2004, 09:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$449.99

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69