Hello, I have just installed Clusterknoppix to my hard drive. I am trying to set up a raid 0 device. this is what I have tried.
1) made 2 partitions spanning the same cylinders (or whatever the units are with fdisk) on two identical drives.
2) used mdadm to start the array
3) used mkfs.ext3 to format it.
4) mounted it to a new directory.
the problem is when i reboot, the array is gone so im obviously missing something big here. I apologize if this question has been answered before.
I initially tried to install it to a raid 0 device but that didnt go over too well. Has anyone been successful doing that?
also, can someone tell me what the different bootloader options are for?
lilo lists 3 different 2.4 kernels and 1 2.6 kernel. whats the difference between the 3 2.4's?
thanks,
Kalen

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections
$68.00
Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205
$317.56