Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Kismet help

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6

    Kismet help

    Sorry, I am a Knoppix newbie. I looked on the web and FAQs and could not find much about using Kismet with Knoppix.

    I need to edit the kismet.conf file that is located in /etc/kismet. Its set to use a Cisco card and I have a Orinico.

    Is /etc/kismet located on the CD-ROM or ramdrive? It says I do not have write permissions.

    Anyone get Kismet running?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    - Dorian

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6
    nm... i went to the root/shell and was able to edit it.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2
    Dorian,

    I'm stuck at the same point. I've got a Cisco and an Orinoco card, and have not been able to either get them into monitor mode OR to edit the kismet.conf file. I'll try your method...


    Warm regards,
    Sujeet

Similar Threads

  1. Kismet
    By proof in forum Networking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 03:03 PM
  2. Kismet no workie
    By teitoku in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 01:42 PM
  3. Another Orinoco oddity.....13e but no Kismet
    By BillS in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 02:20 PM
  4. Kismet and 802.11g
    By level in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 06:54 PM
  5. Kismet in Knoppix 3.2???
    By minhsao in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 01:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller

$295.00