nm... i went to the root/shell and was able to edit it.
Sorry, I am a Knoppix newbie. I looked on the web and FAQs and could not find much about using Kismet with Knoppix.
I need to edit the kismet.conf file that is located in /etc/kismet. Its set to use a Cisco card and I have a Orinico.
Is /etc/kismet located on the CD-ROM or ramdrive? It says I do not have write permissions.
Anyone get Kismet running?
Thanks in advance for your help.
- Dorian
nm... i went to the root/shell and was able to edit it.
Dorian,
I'm stuck at the same point. I've got a Cisco and an Orinoco card, and have not been able to either get them into monitor mode OR to edit the kismet.conf file. I'll try your method...
Warm regards,
Sujeet

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00
Firewalla Purple SE Cyber Security Firewall Home Business VPN…
$215.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
FortiGate-60F Network Security Firewall Fortinet - Used
$95.00
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99