-
Poor Mans Install gets to DHCP broadcast and then stops
I just did a Poor Mans Install according to http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition
After figuring out that my c: partition was on the second partition of my drive (the guide actually mentioned HP Pavilions in the notes) I got Knoppix 3.7 to boot to the hardware detection scripts
It gets past the USB, firewire, soundcard and video detection just fine
It gets all the way to the network configuration with the last line displayed being:
Network device eth0 detected, DHCP broadcasting for IP. (Backgrounding)
Then it just sits there.
I have booted this same computer with a knoppix CD several times. This is the first time that I am doing the Poor Man method. I am using the same ISO that I used to boot with a CD.
Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this?
Similar Threads
-
By Dr PC Tunes in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 17
Last Post: 12-26-2005, 08:29 AM
-
By metavoid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-07-2005, 08:40 AM
-
By guyana in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-15-2004, 02:10 AM
-
By 00zero in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-20-2004, 09:33 AM
-
By Kumagoro in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

64 GB Ram (32x2) Memory for laptop: Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.
$280.00