Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: English knoppix version

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7

    English knoppix version

    Hello,

    I have downloaded knoppix.
    but whole linux is deutch.
    I wan' t it English.
    Were can I download the English version?
    Thanks in advanced.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: English knoppix version

    Quote Originally Posted by Werie
    Hello,

    I have downloaded knoppix.
    but whole linux is deutch.
    I wan' t it English.
    Were can I download the English version?
    Thanks in advanced.
    Same place you got the German versions, you just want the version with EN in the name, not the version with DE. Best bet is to use Bittorrent. If you refuse to do that and use a mirror, be sure to download the md5 file too and check the md5 checksum, as mirrors frequently corrupt the downloads. The Get Knoppix link at the top of this page should be all you need.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7
    Lol I didn' t saw that
    Thanks :P

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: English knoppix version

    Quote Originally Posted by Werie
    I wan' t it English..
    Quote Originally Posted by Werie
    Lol I didn' t saw that
    You're welcome. I'm guessing English isn't your native toung either, just what you prefer to use over the German version.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7

    Re: English knoppix version

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
    Quote Originally Posted by Werie
    I wan' t it English..
    Quote Originally Posted by Werie
    Lol I didn' t saw that
    You're welcome. I'm guessing English isn't your native toung either, just what you prefer to use over the German version.
    I come from the Netherlands.
    I don' t understand deutch :P
    So that's why I wan't the Engish version.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7
    The deutch version worked fine but when I start the english version I get an segmentation fault.
    And a very frustating sound that never stops.
    And the english version don't configure my internet connection :+

    KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-16-EN

    That is the version I downloaded..

  7. #7
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Werie
    The deutch version worked fine but when I start the english version I get an segmentation fault.
    And a very frustating sound that never stops.
    And the english version don't configure my internet connection :+

    KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-16-EN

    That is the version I downloaded..
    You managed to find a very old version. Since you gave no indication that you want to run an old version I'm guessing that you do not. Still, it should have worked for you. Did you check the md5 sum before you burnt it? It sounds like you got a corrupt download, and the simple step of checking the md5 sum would have detected this and saved you a lot of time and a wasted disc blank. Follow the instructions in the Downloading FAQ reached by the Documentation link at the top of this page. Also, (and I mean also, not instead of), you might want to follow the Get Knoppix link at the top of this page to get to a nice new version 3.7 copy of Knoppix. You best bet is to use the BitTorrent downloading option, which will get you the newest version and will avoid corruption problems seen not infrequently when downloading from mirrors.

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    that is an OLD version, knoppix3.7 with EN on the end should be better

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7
    Oops, now I have downloaded knoppix 3.7
    Yeahhhh it works.
    Now I go install it on my linux partition :P
    that is possible huh :P

  10. #10
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Werie
    Now I go install it on my linux partition :P
    that is possible huh :P
    Some people seem to think so. You might want to read the hdd forum.

Similar Threads

  1. KNOPPICILLIN 4 (english version)
    By neural_tek in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 03:57 AM
  2. Is there a default english version of 3.4
    By papasi in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 03:38 AM
  3. Linix not in english (i get rong version)
    By boo-ya in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-05-2004, 09:11 PM
  4. does selflinux come with an english version?
    By bloor in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-30-2003, 03:48 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 03:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS

$65.00



Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16) picture

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)

$64.99



Lot of 27 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop RAM PC4-2666V UDIMM  HYNIX MICRON SAMSUNG picture

Lot of 27 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop RAM PC4-2666V UDIMM HYNIX MICRON SAMSUNG

$750.00



RAM G. SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16 F43200C16Q64GVK Matched picture

RAM G. SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16 F43200C16Q64GVK Matched

$149.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture

[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.

$299.99



Crucial 16GB (2x 8GB) Kit DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800 UDIMM Desktop 240-Pin CL11 RAM picture

Crucial 16GB (2x 8GB) Kit DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800 UDIMM Desktop 240-Pin CL11 RAM

$41.00



16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980 picture

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980

$39.99