-
English knoppix version
Hello,
I have downloaded knoppix.
but whole linux is deutch.
I wan' t it English.
Were can I download the English version?
Thanks in advanced.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: English knoppix version

Originally Posted by
Werie
Hello,
I have downloaded knoppix.
but whole linux is deutch.
I wan' t it English.
Were can I download the English version?
Thanks in advanced.
Same place you got the German versions, you just want the version with EN in the name, not the version with DE. Best bet is to use Bittorrent. If you refuse to do that and use a mirror, be sure to download the md5 file too and check the md5 checksum, as mirrors frequently corrupt the downloads. The Get Knoppix link at the top of this page should be all you need.
-
Lol I didn' t saw that 
Thanks :P
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: English knoppix version

Originally Posted by
Werie
I wan' t it English..

Originally Posted by
Werie
Lol I didn' t saw that
You're welcome. I'm guessing English isn't your native toung either, just what you prefer to use over the German version.
-
Re: English knoppix version

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman

Originally Posted by
Werie
I wan' t it English..

Originally Posted by
Werie
Lol I didn' t saw that
You're welcome. I'm guessing English isn't your native toung either, just what you prefer to use over the German version.
I come from the Netherlands.
I don' t understand deutch :P
So that's why I wan't the Engish version.
-
The deutch version worked fine but when I start the english version I get an segmentation fault.
And a very frustating sound that never stops.
And the english version don't configure my internet connection :+
KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-16-EN
That is the version I downloaded..
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
Werie
The deutch version worked fine but when I start the english version I get an segmentation fault.
And a very frustating sound that never stops.
And the english version don't configure my internet connection :+
KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-16-EN
That is the version I downloaded..
You managed to find a very old version. Since you gave no indication that you want to run an old version I'm guessing that you do not. Still, it should have worked for you. Did you check the md5 sum before you burnt it? It sounds like you got a corrupt download, and the simple step of checking the md5 sum would have detected this and saved you a lot of time and a wasted disc blank. Follow the instructions in the Downloading FAQ reached by the Documentation link at the top of this page. Also, (and I mean also, not instead of), you might want to follow the Get Knoppix link at the top of this page to get to a nice new version 3.7 copy of Knoppix. You best bet is to use the BitTorrent downloading option, which will get you the newest version and will avoid corruption problems seen not infrequently when downloading from mirrors.
-
Senior Member
registered user
that is an OLD version, knoppix3.7 with EN on the end should be better
-
Oops, now I have downloaded knoppix 3.7
Yeahhhh it works.
Now I go install it on my linux partition :P
that is possible huh :P
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
Werie
Now I go install it on my linux partition :P
that is possible huh :P
Some people seem to think so. You might want to read the hdd forum.
Similar Threads
-
By neural_tek in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-05-2006, 03:57 AM
-
By papasi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 03:38 AM
-
By boo-ya in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-05-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By bloor in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 09-30-2003, 03:48 AM
-
By reub2000 in forum Ideas
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 03:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Apple Macintosh Plus Vintage Mac Computer Shell Front/Back Only (260200)
$29.99

APPLE MACINTOSH SE M5011 1986 VINTAGE DESKTOP COMPUTER POWERS ON DISPLAY WORKS
$159.99

Apple Macintosh 512K Vintage Compact Desktop Computer Classic Mac
$197.00

Vintage APPLE MACINTOSH II Desktop PC EMPTY CASE & Power Supply Only UNTESTED
$39.90

Vintage APPLE POWER MACINTOSH 8500/180 M3409 w/ Original Box & Reciept UNTESTED
$199.00

Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals
$50.00

Vintage AppleDesign Keyboard M2980 & Mouse II M2706 ADB Cable Bundle Mac
$69.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh Retro Computer - Ceramic Mug 15 oz
$15.70