I share a similar problem. it becomes annoying to do the same two commands to use the internet.
Can this be simplified at startup?Code:iwconfig ath0 essid **** channel 10 mode Managed key ************* pump -i ath0
hey gang,
I got my wireless card all set up and mastered, the card is autodected and labeled as Ath0. but everytime I boot into Knoppix I need to run the configuration script over, use ifconfig ath0 up, and pump -i ath0 every time I boot into my knoppix (btw, I have a HDD install)
is there anyway I can set this up so that it does all this for me automatically at boot/startup/login?
I share a similar problem. it becomes annoying to do the same two commands to use the internet.
Can this be simplified at startup?Code:iwconfig ath0 essid **** channel 10 mode Managed key ************* pump -i ath0
try adding your configuration to the file /etc/network/interfaces; add something like
iface ath0 inet dhcp
wireless-essid ********
wireless-channel 10
wireless-mode Managed
wireless-keymode restricted
wireless-key1 ****-****-****-****-****-****-**
wireless-defaultkey 1
and it might be a good idea to use tabs (don't know if necessary, though) before the wireless-* keywords.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
NETGEAR GS308-300PAS GS308 8 Gigabit Port Unmanaged Ethernet Switch
$11.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00