-
Senior Member
registered user
Oh yes, I guess I'm just lucky that Linux has support for about all my hardware out of the box.
Problemos:
1. The saa7134 kernel module is not included, so currently no TV support for me.
2. Old ISA 'soundblaster compatible' soundcard (Trouper 4x4 chipset) wouldn't work unless I booted DOS/Windows. Driver dir contains a .ROM file. Bet this needs to be loaded for propper functioning. Card was flacky (lockups) anyways so my old P100 doesn't have sound anymore.
3. My webcam steals the audio module at boot time in Knoppix 3.2, but not in 3.1
4. nVidia's licence 
As you see, only point 2 is quite unfixable. But there are probably some things I just haven't bumped into (FireWire, USB2.0)...
But what I wanted to say is that Knoppix is a pretty good "mass aware" distro. Because of the limited space it only includes software that is more or less needed. There could be some 'cuts' here and there, but I guess people would get angry then... 
Btw, I'll open a couple of Docs/Wiki pages for software addition/removal requests.
Similar Threads
-
By probono in forum The Lounge
Replies: 26
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 07:08 AM
-
By Lucia in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-16-2004, 12:11 AM
-
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-14-2004, 04:08 PM
-
By ted_munga in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 50
Last Post: 11-09-2003, 09:03 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-05-2003, 11:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00