-
Booting issues
Hello everyone:
I have been a fan of Knoppix for a very long time. However, I recently ran into some problems: after installing an old CD-ROM drive and 1 gig (woohoo, a whole gig!) hard drive in my computer from my old computer, I could no longer boot from the Knoppix CD (or any other bootable CD's). I have played around with the bios boot sequence with no luck. It just simply refuses to boot from the CD.
So my question is: what are my options for running Knoppix? One option I have read about is a "Poor man's install". I have also heard about "Floppy boots". I full HDD install really isn't an option for me because i have such limited hard disk space. The best option would be to fix the CD boot, but I'm not sure if this is possible (would removing the 2nd CD-ROM drive help?)
So what should I do in your opinion? Are there any other options for me? Any help is appreciated 
P.S. Sorry for a noob question
Similar Threads
-
By jelzimme in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-26-2007, 04:11 AM
-
By soiltriad in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-06-2007, 03:42 AM
-
By asearle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2005, 01:03 PM
-
By jgagauth in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 10:57 AM
-
By econobeing5 in forum General Support
Replies: 23
Last Post: 10-03-2004, 12:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 4.7 GHz - Socket AM5
$375.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Advantech ARK-3500 Fanless Industrial PC i7-3610QE 8GB
$200.00

AMD - Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-CORE 16-THREAD 4.2 GHz (5.0 GHz Max Boost) AM5 UNLOCKED
$300.00

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor
$360.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99