-
using knoppix to try to recover windows files
here is my scenario: I just rebuilt a new computer, and put 2 hard drives in it. one is a new one and one is the old one which had an install of windows XP on it. I am now running windows server 2003 on the new HD and I'm trying to recover my files from the other hard drive. For some reason whenever I click on my My Documents folder, it says access is denied.
so anyway I tried to use knoppix to copy the files from one hard drive to another. when I try to though it says that there is either a reading or writing access problem...any idea how i can get around this an manipulate files on both hard drives?
also, the reason I dont just boot up the old hard drive is that it wont boot...an odd problem considering its files seem intact
thanks,
rich
Similar Threads
-
By GDASHAFE101 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-26-2005, 02:48 AM
-
By madmike in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-17-2005, 11:27 PM
-
By katana in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-02-2004, 06:25 PM
-
By raven in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-23-2004, 09:56 PM
-
By go2 in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 01:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

FLASHFORGE AD5X Upgraded Multi-Color 3D Printer CoreXY High-Speed Auto Refill US
$349.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

New PNY Pro Elite V3 1TB USB-A Flash Drive
$79.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$7.99

Apple MFi Flash Drive Memory Storage Photo Stick for iPhone iPad Lightning USB C
$56.95

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99