Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Knoppix 3.7 didn't find any hd

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3

    Knoppix 3.7 didn't find any hd

    Hi, Forum!
    I've started Knoppix 3.7 on a Dell Optiplex with two S-ATA HD.
    Knoppix didn't find any of them.
    The lspci -v I've typed in my system, but I can't print or save it, because the printer isn't installed, else and ...no hd is found, too.
    Is here anybody who can help me?
    TIA with greetings,
    Miksch

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Try at boot: knoppix26 (as well as other cheatcodes you use) if the 2.6.x kernel would recognise your sata

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3
    Thank you Markus!
    I'm going to try it!
    Miksch

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3
    Good morning forum!
    I just have tried it with typing knoppix26, but it didn't match. I've got the following output:
    init: version 2.78 - knoppix booting
    Has anybody else an idea how I could make Knoppix 3.7 find my S-ATA hd's?
    TIA , with greetings!
    Miksch

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    2
    I have a similar problem with my Dell Optiplex gx280. Knoppix 3.7. will notboot Kernel 2.6, with the same symptoms you name.
    I can boot Kernel 2.4. though, but it does not find any hard disk.
    Kernel 2.6. finds the disks (I think) but then hangs
    Please LMK if you find a solution, I will do the same.
    hakayati

  6. #6

Similar Threads

  1. Can't find Knoppix filesystem...
    By jonallen23 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 10:27 PM
  2. Knoppix 5 wont find /dev/hda
    By sam16 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-21-2006, 05:50 PM
  3. Knoppix can't find the right resolultion...
    By pheadxdll in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 03:39 PM
  4. Can't find Knoppix filesystem
    By sebiskaa in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 04:52 PM
  5. Can't find Knoppix filesystem
    By befuddled in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-23-2003, 03:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.26



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00