Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Urgent Problem: Hard Drive severely corrupted by Knoppix...

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    london town
    Posts
    220
    what is the output of
    Code:
    sudo fdisk -l

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualoverride
    (Edit) I just got off the phone with a few recovery places around town...sounds like no one can do hardware recovery; I'll probably have to ship it off somewhere and pay a fortune...dang... One guy suggested the "freezer trick" though--stickin the drive in the freezer overnight. Ever heard of it? I'm headin out right now and someone will probably drop it if I put it in the freezer now, but I'll try that tonight after I get home from work...maybe it'll work by some chance. Just lettin you know; but thanks again!
    I shouldn't even be telling this, might give somebody bad ideas.
    I once bought a brand new 2 G HD from a store which had a "return within one week 'else deal with the mfgr" repair policy. So I installed it, worked OK, then I left on vacation. One my return more than a week later, no workee! Eventually I discovered it had a bad connection of some sort inside & needed to be 'jiggled' during the boot up to get it to go. So I ended up with a computer that literally needed a kick start. I'm not actually suggesting thta you give your laptop a firm smack on the side but....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Urgent Help Needed. USB Drive corrupted.
    By mechael in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 11:43 PM
  2. Installing Knoppix to an ext. usb hard drive, GRUB problem
    By tp671 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2006, 06:53 AM
  3. Hard Drive Salvage from corrupted Windows XP NTFS drive
    By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
  4. problem with install knoppix on a second hard drive
    By dukka in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 07:00 AM
  5. Problem installing Knoppix on Hard drive
    By cantlin in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-04-2003, 12:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Microsoft TechNet Plus CD Subscription COMPLETE LOT Binder Case & Discs picture

Vintage Microsoft TechNet Plus CD Subscription COMPLETE LOT Binder Case & Discs

$59.98



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE

$249.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Lot of 2 Vintage Iomega ZIP 100 External Drives Parallel Port Tested Working picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Iomega ZIP 100 External Drives Parallel Port Tested Working

$75.00



Vintage Socket 5 Motherboard Intel Pentium 120MHz A80502-120 AT ISA PCI Tested picture

Vintage Socket 5 Motherboard Intel Pentium 120MHz A80502-120 AT ISA PCI Tested

$119.99



Vintage Intel Pentium Pro CPU Lot 3 Gold Ceramic Processors + 2 RAM Untested picture

Vintage Intel Pentium Pro CPU Lot 3 Gold Ceramic Processors + 2 RAM Untested

$249.99



Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board. picture

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.

$135.37



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$224.72