-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
virtualoverride
(Edit) I just got off the phone with a few recovery places around town...sounds like no one can do hardware recovery; I'll probably have to ship it off somewhere and pay a fortune...dang... One guy suggested the "freezer trick" though--stickin the drive in the freezer overnight. Ever heard of it? I'm headin out right now and someone will probably drop it if I put it in the freezer now, but I'll try that tonight after I get home from work...maybe it'll work by some chance. Just lettin you know; but thanks again!
I shouldn't even be telling this, might give somebody bad ideas.
I once bought a brand new 2 G HD from a store which had a "return within one week 'else deal with the mfgr" repair policy. So I installed it, worked OK, then I left on vacation. One my return more than a week later, no workee! Eventually I discovered it had a bad connection of some sort inside & needed to be 'jiggled' during the boot up to get it to go. So I ended up with a computer that literally needed a kick start. I'm not actually suggesting thta you give your laptop a firm smack on the side but....
Similar Threads
-
By mechael in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-29-2007, 11:43 PM
-
By tp671 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-14-2006, 06:53 AM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
-
By dukka in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2004, 07:00 AM
-
By cantlin in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 12:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00