Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: boot from floppy?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1

    boot from floppy?

    I am trying to obtain a (more recent) version of Knoppix that supports
    booting from floppy. I volunteer most Wednesdays at
    http://otap.org and use
    the Knoppix live-CD to discover hardware in the workstations we
    refurbish. Occasionally we find a workstation whose BIOS does not
    support 'boot from CD-ROM'. I have version 3.1-08-11-2002
    (which does support creating a 'boot from floppy' option).
    I would like to obtain v3.3-2004-02-16-en.iso
    (which may be the last version that supports floppy booting).
    I would even gladly accept a BitTorrent link.

    Google/linux searches only find locations of ISOs of versions
    3.6 & 3.7.

    Regards, Chuck

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Don't fool with Linux boot floppies. Make a Smart BNoot Manager floppy, it will let you boot any version of Knoppix on almiost any computer.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    80

    Re: boot from floppy?

    Quote Originally Posted by gelmce
    I am trying to obtain a (more recent) version of Knoppix that supports
    booting from floppy. I volunteer most Wednesdays at
    http://otap.org and use
    the Knoppix live-CD to discover hardware in the workstations we
    refurbish. Occasionally we find a workstation whose BIOS does not
    support 'boot from CD-ROM'. I have version 3.1-08-11-2002
    (which does support creating a 'boot from floppy' option).
    I would like to obtain v3.3-2004-02-16-en.iso
    (which may be the last version that supports floppy booting).
    I would even gladly accept a BitTorrent link.

    Google/linux searches only find locations of ISOs of versions
    3.6 & 3.7.

    Regards, Chuck
    Hei, try https://www.tuxcds.com/section.php?section=47
    Mvh

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: boot from floppy?

    Quote Originally Posted by gelmce
    I am trying to obtain a (more recent) version of Knoppix ....
    Google/linux searches only find locations of ISOs of versions 3.6 & 3.7.
    it shouild also be noted that 3.7 is the most recent released version.

Similar Threads

  1. help making boot floppy to boot cd rom.
    By niceguy167 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 05:06 AM
  2. Knoppix wont boot with boot floppy
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
  3. Not able to boot from CD or Floppy
    By Ozzay in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2004, 03:26 AM
  4. boot freezes, floppy boot o.k.?
    By Prieni in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 02:52 PM
  5. Boot knoppix withough Floppy and CD boot
    By Dan_Netwalker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-23-2003, 01:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New picture

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New

$50.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



LOT OF 4 Cisco Catalyst C9300-24P 24-Port PoE+ Network Switches w/ NM-8X Modules picture

LOT OF 4 Cisco Catalyst C9300-24P 24-Port PoE+ Network Switches w/ NM-8X Modules

$800.00



Cisco C9400-LC-24XS Catalyst 9400 24-Port 10G SFP+ Line Card Module NEW SEALED picture

Cisco C9400-LC-24XS Catalyst 9400 24-Port 10G SFP+ Line Card Module NEW SEALED

$2804.00



Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch

$39.99



Cisco Business CBS110-8T-D Unmanaged Switch, 8 Port GE, Desktop picture

Cisco Business CBS110-8T-D Unmanaged Switch, 8 Port GE, Desktop

$44.99