-
boot from floppy?
I am trying to obtain a (more recent) version of Knoppix that supports
booting from floppy. I volunteer most Wednesdays at
http://otap.org and use
the Knoppix live-CD to discover hardware in the workstations we
refurbish. Occasionally we find a workstation whose BIOS does not
support 'boot from CD-ROM'. I have version 3.1-08-11-2002
(which does support creating a 'boot from floppy' option).
I would like to obtain v3.3-2004-02-16-en.iso
(which may be the last version that supports floppy booting).
I would even gladly accept a BitTorrent link.
Google/linux searches only find locations of ISOs of versions
3.6 & 3.7.
Regards, Chuck
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Don't fool with Linux boot floppies. Make a Smart BNoot Manager floppy, it will let you boot any version of Knoppix on almiost any computer.
-
Re: boot from floppy?

Originally Posted by
gelmce
I am trying to obtain a (more recent) version of Knoppix that supports
booting from floppy. I volunteer most Wednesdays at
http://otap.org and use
the Knoppix live-CD to discover hardware in the workstations we
refurbish. Occasionally we find a workstation whose BIOS does not
support 'boot from CD-ROM'. I have version 3.1-08-11-2002
(which does support creating a 'boot from floppy' option).
I would like to obtain v3.3-2004-02-16-en.iso
(which may be the last version that supports floppy booting).
I would even gladly accept a BitTorrent link.
Google/linux searches only find locations of ISOs of versions
3.6 & 3.7.
Regards, Chuck
Hei, try https://www.tuxcds.com/section.php?section=47
Mvh
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: boot from floppy?

Originally Posted by
gelmce
I am trying to obtain a (more recent) version of Knoppix ....
Google/linux searches only find locations of ISOs of versions 3.6 & 3.7.
it shouild also be noted that 3.7 is the most recent released version.
Similar Threads
-
By niceguy167 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 05:06 AM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By Ozzay in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 03:26 AM
-
By Prieni in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-05-2003, 02:52 PM
-
By Dan_Netwalker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99

DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 Laptop to Desktop Memory Adapter Card SO-DIMM To PC DIMM Lot
$55.27

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Samsung 256GB (8x32GB) DDR4 3200 ECC RDIMM Server RAM M393A4K40EB3
$2000.00

NEW Lenovo Samsung 64GB LPDDR5X 8533 MHz LPCAMM2 Memory,For ThinkPad P1 Gen7,8,9
$1349.00

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00