Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: boot from floppy?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1

    boot from floppy?

    I am trying to obtain a (more recent) version of Knoppix that supports
    booting from floppy. I volunteer most Wednesdays at
    http://otap.org and use
    the Knoppix live-CD to discover hardware in the workstations we
    refurbish. Occasionally we find a workstation whose BIOS does not
    support 'boot from CD-ROM'. I have version 3.1-08-11-2002
    (which does support creating a 'boot from floppy' option).
    I would like to obtain v3.3-2004-02-16-en.iso
    (which may be the last version that supports floppy booting).
    I would even gladly accept a BitTorrent link.

    Google/linux searches only find locations of ISOs of versions
    3.6 & 3.7.

    Regards, Chuck

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Don't fool with Linux boot floppies. Make a Smart BNoot Manager floppy, it will let you boot any version of Knoppix on almiost any computer.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    80

    Re: boot from floppy?

    Quote Originally Posted by gelmce
    I am trying to obtain a (more recent) version of Knoppix that supports
    booting from floppy. I volunteer most Wednesdays at
    http://otap.org and use
    the Knoppix live-CD to discover hardware in the workstations we
    refurbish. Occasionally we find a workstation whose BIOS does not
    support 'boot from CD-ROM'. I have version 3.1-08-11-2002
    (which does support creating a 'boot from floppy' option).
    I would like to obtain v3.3-2004-02-16-en.iso
    (which may be the last version that supports floppy booting).
    I would even gladly accept a BitTorrent link.

    Google/linux searches only find locations of ISOs of versions
    3.6 & 3.7.

    Regards, Chuck
    Hei, try https://www.tuxcds.com/section.php?section=47
    Mvh

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: boot from floppy?

    Quote Originally Posted by gelmce
    I am trying to obtain a (more recent) version of Knoppix ....
    Google/linux searches only find locations of ISOs of versions 3.6 & 3.7.
    it shouild also be noted that 3.7 is the most recent released version.

Similar Threads

  1. help making boot floppy to boot cd rom.
    By niceguy167 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 05:06 AM
  2. Knoppix wont boot with boot floppy
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
  3. Not able to boot from CD or Floppy
    By Ozzay in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2004, 03:26 AM
  4. boot freezes, floppy boot o.k.?
    By Prieni in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 02:52 PM
  5. Boot knoppix withough Floppy and CD boot
    By Dan_Netwalker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-23-2003, 01:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW picture

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW

$49.99



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



Samsung Notebook 9 Pen Touchscreen 2-in-1 Motherboard NP930SBE-K01US picture

Samsung Notebook 9 Pen Touchscreen 2-in-1 Motherboard NP930SBE-K01US

$111.45



Samsung 990 EVO Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Internal SSD 7,250MB/s picture

Samsung 990 EVO Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Internal SSD 7,250MB/s

$285.00



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra picture

Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra

$16.99



Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc picture

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc

$27.99



Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD picture

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD

$59.99



QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black picture

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black

$500.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00