if i am not all wrong the kernel source is removed to save space (it is 100Mb+ unpacked).
if you make a hdinstall you can ad it easily but from CD... not as easy. sorry i have no remedie for you, perhaps someone else,
Hello everybody, this is my first post, here hope to stick around for a while. Anyways, I've started using Knoppix and enjoy it thus far, although getting my wireless net card took a while to configure.
Anyways, I'm trying to install a VPN client, and I was having trouble compiling it. Everything is going fine configuring it, but then it asks for the Linux kernel directory. It suggests several locations for different distro's, but it made no mention of Knoppix. My question is, where would the Linux kernel be located? The default is usr/src/linux, but that doesn't work. I'm running Knoppix from CD, so I don't have a partition or directory made on my HD for it.
I need to know where the linux kernel directory would be from the live CD. I am using the Linux 2.6 kernel at the moment, and just need to know where this directory is so I can point the program to it!
Finally, if I get this program up and running, will it be saved if I have Knoppix save my configuration files to my USB thumb drive? Thanks in advance for the replies.
if i am not all wrong the kernel source is removed to save space (it is 100Mb+ unpacked).
if you make a hdinstall you can ad it easily but from CD... not as easy. sorry i have no remedie for you, perhaps someone else,

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$368.00
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00