-
My modems busy...?
Hi. Knoppix is my first experience with Linux, just to get that out of the way. I've been trying to get my modem up and running under Knoppix. It's a Conexant HSF modem, which I just learned trying to solve this problem. I have read about the problems with Linux drivers for Winmodems and understand that this is a very common question. I have tried to do a little research, download some drivers (www.linuxant.com), but to no avail. I have gotten Knoppix to recognize my moem, even as a Conexant, but when I try and use kppp to accessthe internet, it always says my modem is busy. Because it sees it, and tells it me it's working to some extent, am I close? Is there a shot that I could tinker with the modem commands to make this work? Any advice would be appreciated!
Similar Threads
-
By s-m-n in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-10-2005, 10:27 PM
-
By mimes in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 11:02 PM
-
By senorian in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-16-2003, 03:47 PM
-
By GeoZ in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 07:33 AM
-
By hacker66868 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 08:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.21

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99

Portable SSD
$115.00

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good
$489.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

SGIN 15.6" Laptop 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Intel i3-10100Y Backlit Keyboard FHD
$335.99

NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD
$444.99