Hey. Thanks anyway. Guess you guys just don't know...
Hi. Knoppix is my first experience with Linux, just to get that out of the way. I've been trying to get my modem up and running under Knoppix. It's a Conexant HSF modem, which I just learned trying to solve this problem. I have read about the problems with Linux drivers for Winmodems and understand that this is a very common question. I have tried to do a little research, download some drivers (www.linuxant.com), but to no avail. I have gotten Knoppix to recognize my moem, even as a Conexant, but when I try and use kppp to accessthe internet, it always says my modem is busy. Because it sees it, and tells it me it's working to some extent, am I close? Is there a shot that I could tinker with the modem commands to make this work? Any advice would be appreciated!
Hey. Thanks anyway. Guess you guys just don't know...

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New
$185.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Ubiquiti UniFi Gateway Max UXG-Max
$199.00
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99
KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00