Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Arno's Firewall: How To Start At Boot?

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Arno's Firewall: How To Start At Boot?

    Feeling in a tweaking kind of mood, I started messing with Arno's Firewall scripts.

    I got it installed and can run it when I type

    /etc/init.d/rc.iptables start

    It seems to work great when I go to hackerwatcher.com and have my ports probed. Yippee!!

    I want to run it at boot up but have not been able to.

    To start this at boot he suggests:

    Debian: Put rc.iptables in "/etc/init.d/" and create a softlink to it in "/etc/rcS.d/"
    (eg. "ln -s /etc/init.d/rc.iptables /etc/rcS.d/S99iptables")

    I did this from the console and did not get any error messages. However, I'm not getting it to activate at boot up.

    Can anyone help me with this?

    sakiZ

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Never mind I Figured It Out

    I simply put the start command into the bootmisc.sh file:

    "/etc/init.d/rc.iptables start"

    /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh

    Now it starts automagically at boot.

    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 4.0 won't start to boot....
    By snaproll in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-24-2005, 07:58 PM
  2. start up (serial) LAN at boot up
    By lee in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 10:51 AM
  3. start lissetup.sh during boot-up?
    By poweribo in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 08:26 PM
  4. HOWTO? ssh start at boot-up
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 01:35 PM
  5. Vaio : boot with firewall CD
    By lmichel256 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2003, 08:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$89.99



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack picture

Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack

$88.90



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99