-
configuration floppies not working
Hi, I have a Knoppix 3.2 and a 3.6 CD and both work on 3 different computers. I have made some configuration floppies and when I try to use them I get a message at boot time that : "/dev/floppy: No such file or directory" It seems as if auto or automount doesn't kick in for me until after this point in the boot sequence. This is on two "x86" machines. Once I am in the GUI, I can access the floppy and run the script, but it doesn't quite work right, it seems. I checked, and "/dev/floppy" does not in fact exist (anywhere).
Is this a bug? Or am I missing something simple here? Please help!! And Thanks!!
Similar Threads
-
By curaga in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 18
Last Post: 09-17-2006, 03:16 PM
-
By pebay in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-14-2006, 12:03 AM
-
By no_name in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-24-2005, 09:38 AM
-
By fredrikj in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 11:32 PM
-
By gettinbranded in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-22-2003, 05:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$95.99