-
configuration floppies not working
Hi, I have a Knoppix 3.2 and a 3.6 CD and both work on 3 different computers. I have made some configuration floppies and when I try to use them I get a message at boot time that : "/dev/floppy: No such file or directory" It seems as if auto or automount doesn't kick in for me until after this point in the boot sequence. This is on two "x86" machines. Once I am in the GUI, I can access the floppy and run the script, but it doesn't quite work right, it seems. I checked, and "/dev/floppy" does not in fact exist (anywhere).
Is this a bug? Or am I missing something simple here? Please help!! And Thanks!!
-
Senior Member
registered user
someone really should update the boot code. to boot with floopy configuration you have to use
or something along them lines. i cant remember exactly but i know it works something like that and what the boot code help says doesnt actuly work. have a search around the forum for it.
-
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like a bug. If 3.7 fixes it, I'll be glad to wait a few days for a new cd. But please talk to me some more.
I searched the site but came up empty on the second page. Any aditional pointers on how to quickly install configurations from floppy would be sincerely appreciated.
(Nice picture!)
Thanks again and best wishes.
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Thanks again! Looks like it could be what I needed. I'll wade through it a little later.
Many thanks and much appreciation !!
Similar Threads
-
By curaga in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 18
Last Post: 09-17-2006, 03:16 PM
-
By pebay in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-14-2006, 12:03 AM
-
By no_name in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-24-2005, 09:38 AM
-
By fredrikj in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 11:32 PM
-
By gettinbranded in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-22-2003, 05:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.62