Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: configuration floppies not working

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3

    configuration floppies not working

    Hi, I have a Knoppix 3.2 and a 3.6 CD and both work on 3 different computers. I have made some configuration floppies and when I try to use them I get a message at boot time that : "/dev/floppy: No such file or directory" It seems as if auto or automount doesn't kick in for me until after this point in the boot sequence. This is on two "x86" machines. Once I am in the GUI, I can access the floppy and run the script, but it doesn't quite work right, it seems. I checked, and "/dev/floppy" does not in fact exist (anywhere).

    Is this a bug? Or am I missing something simple here? Please help!! And Thanks!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    london town
    Posts
    220
    someone really should update the boot code. to boot with floopy configuration you have to use

    Code:
    knoppix floppyconf
    or something along them lines. i cant remember exactly but i know it works something like that and what the boot code help says doesnt actuly work. have a search around the forum for it.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3
    Thanks for the reply. Sounds like a bug. If 3.7 fixes it, I'll be glad to wait a few days for a new cd. But please talk to me some more.

    I searched the site but came up empty on the second page. Any aditional pointers on how to quickly install configurations from floppy would be sincerely appreciated.

    (Nice picture!)

    Thanks again and best wishes.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    london town
    Posts
    220
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...+floppy+config

    it looks like the command is

    Code:
    knoppix floppyconf
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...+floppy+config

    enjoy

    by the way i stole this picture my self :P

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3
    Thanks again! Looks like it could be what I needed. I'll wade through it a little later.

    Many thanks and much appreciation !!

Similar Threads

  1. Ess onboard not working if configuration is saved
    By curaga in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-17-2006, 03:16 PM
  2. using the boot floppies on 4.0.2
    By pebay in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 12:03 AM
  3. Submounting Floppies
    By no_name in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-24-2005, 09:38 AM
  4. How to create boot floppies for 3.4?
    By fredrikj in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 11:32 PM
  5. Knoppix 3.2 and USB Floppies
    By gettinbranded in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2003, 05:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$119.00



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE picture

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE

$59.99



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter picture

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter

$59.99



Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW) picture

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)

$999.99



New Juniper SRX345-SYS-JB-2AC Junos Router Firewall Services Gateway 16GbE SFP picture

New Juniper SRX345-SYS-JB-2AC Junos Router Firewall Services Gateway 16GbE SFP

$560.15



Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP picture

Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP

$139.00



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper EX2300 Unclaimed 12-Port Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12T picture

Juniper EX2300 Unclaimed 12-Port Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12T

$249.99