Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: SimplyMepis 2004 4 + Klik + Firefox

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    As a very quick fix, you could try Kanotix which has FF included.

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    44
    As a very quick fix, you could try Kanotix which has FF included
    Thanks, probono...Already have Kanotix...And am anxious to try out SimplyMepis Live CD with persistent home and Firefox (but NOT ready for SimplyMepis 3.3 as yet, since it seems to be still quite buggy).

    Will keep in touch for Klik's updates also...

    Thanks and regards...

  3. #13
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    44
    Well, Probono...I now have:
    Kanotix 2005-01 liveCD
    SimplyMepis 3.3 Live CD
    On the way..

    Hope they both live up to expectations (or is that a contradiction-in-terms when referring to Linux distributions ? ).

    Regards...

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Did it work now? If not, please try klik://nvu and report whether that works for you.

    Greetings,
    probono

  5. #15
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    44
    Hello, again, probono...

    Had some trouble with Kanotix BH 2005.01 LiveCD...Persistent Home + configs.tbz are NOT saving all the KPPP settings (no ID or PW), nor panel configs, icons deleted & saved, etc. It DOES save wallpaper So I have not tried Klik with it yet ;-(

    I'm now running (from LIVE CD) SimplyMepis 3.3 with a persistent home (" /home/demo ") using AdrianTM's scripts ('saveset' and 'loadset')...but I see that it's NOT among the distributions supported by Klik

    What's the _size-MB_ of nvu ? I might try it on Kanotix BH 2005.01 when/IF I get it running better.

    Thanks...

  6. #16
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    I've pretty much dropped Mepis from my focus because at the moment more than 90 percent of klik users come from Kanotix. But anyway you could try on newer Mepis versions, too. I just didn't test it there.

    Greetings,
    probono

  7. #17
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    44
    I've pretty much dropped Mepis from my focus because at the moment more than 90 percent of klik users come from Kanotix. But anyway you could try on newer Mepis versions, too. I just didn't test it there.

    Tried to install Klik to SimplyMepis 3.3 (kernel 2.6.10) LiveCD...

    got error:

    "KDE Man Viewer Error

    No man page matching to found. You can extend the search path by setting the environment variable MANPATH before starting KDE."

    If this makes any sense to you...AND

    If there's a potentially easy work-around...THEN

    Please advise.

    Thanks...

    EDIT...BTW The location showing in that Error message is:

    "man:/%0A# wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh"

  8. #18
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Please copy the following line:
    wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh

    Then, press Alt-F2 and paste there what you have copied.

    Press Enter.

    Does it work now?

    Greetings,
    probono

  9. #19
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    44
    Please copy the following line:
    wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh

    Then, press Alt-F2 and paste there what you have copied.

    Press Enter.
    Did so...With following result:

    "Your /etc/fstab is not setup to use cmg files. Please run /home/demo/klik-cmg-install-root as root."

    Did that:

    demo@ttyp1[demo]$ su
    Password:
    su: Authentication failure
    Sorry.
    demo@ttyp1[demo]$ su
    Password:
    root@ttyp1[demo]# /home/demo/klik-cmg-install-root
    root@ttyp1[demo]#

    Tried to install 'kpat' from Klik...
    klik://kpat

    But when I click on that I continually get "ALERT: klik is not a registered protocol"
    ...And I'm afraid that I don't know to get past that...

  10. #20
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by wsg

    Tried to install 'kpat' from Klik...
    klik://kpat

    But when I click on that I continually get "ALERT: klik is not a registered protocol"
    ...And I'm afraid that I don't know to get past that...
    That simply means your browser doesn't understand what it is meant to do with klik:// links. It should work though with firefox (and mozilla-browser), konqueror and elinks. What browser are you trying, can you try one of the others?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-17-2006, 11:53 AM
  2. SimplyMepis 3.3.1
    By hotrodg in forum Klik
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-14-2005, 07:06 AM
  3. Trouble w Persitent Home, HD Install, Klik, Firefox etc
    By zian in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 07:11 AM
  4. SimplyMepis
    By KanotixUser in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-29-2004, 12:15 AM
  5. NO MORE LILO AFTER INSTALLING SIMPLYMEPIS!!!
    By xaviers2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 04:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple picture

Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple

$60.00



Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Vintage Desktop Computer w/ Keyboard & Mouse picture

Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Vintage Desktop Computer w/ Keyboard & Mouse

$245.00



Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B  607-0103-C  607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++ picture

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++

$169.00



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



Apple IIc Vintage Computer System w/ Monitor, Printer, Disk Drive, Joystick picture

Apple IIc Vintage Computer System w/ Monitor, Printer, Disk Drive, Joystick

$350.00



256k VRAM Vintage Apple Macintosh 670-0269 works with 630-0044 80ns QTY: 2 picture

256k VRAM Vintage Apple Macintosh 670-0269 works with 630-0044 80ns QTY: 2

$76.20



Apple 820-0809-A 28.8K Fax Modem Comm Slot II Card Vintage Power Macintosh picture

Apple 820-0809-A 28.8K Fax Modem Comm Slot II Card Vintage Power Macintosh

$19.99



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



Vintage Apple iMac 2003 G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac 2003 G4 15" 1GHz PowerPC G4 1GB 80GB HDD Mac OS X 10.4 M6498

$250.00