Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Cedega...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274

    Cedega...

    I tried posting this in the MS Windows forum, but no on responded and I don't really think this is their schtick. So, I have on hbd1 Kanotix, which takes up the entire partition. I have on hda1 a buttload of games which I wish to load with cedega. I have cedega installed in Linux, but I can't seem to get it to load from hda1 (Windows). I used
    Code:
    #cedega /mnt/auto/cdrom/start.exe
    because the game (The Sims) loads from the cdrom, and uses saved files on the hard drive but I got back some sort of Xlib and X11drv messages saying that Xserver can't connect to ":0.0"[/code]

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Sorry, I don't have any cedega or WineX experience. Perhaps you can get your questions answered at the TransGaming forums.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274
    Oh god no.....I hate the TG forums......I looked on them a while ago for an answer to this and they said that it was impossible......And a friend of mine who's very Linux-fluent and introduced me to the stuff said it was possible. He also said that the TG forums were bullshit.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    71
    The error message suggest that you try to start a X program as a user not having permission to connect to the X server. Try to start the program as the user that started X, or if that is not possible, open the root shell from the Knoppix menu - that way permission to start X programs is granted.

    Thomas

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    As user type " xhost local: " so that root can start x programs without problem

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashedAgain
    As user type " xhost local: " so that root can start x programs without problem
    you mean "xhost +localhost"
    [edit]oops - according to man page "local:" means the same; you'll never end learning [/edit]

    Thomas

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274
    I assume that local is the host name..I typed xhost Micron and it seemed to make it work....When I opened the autoplay from the CD-ROM, however, it said "Autoplay could not find the original The Sims on your system. Please reinstall it" I think this may be because it's looking for it on hdb1, when it should be looking on hda1. How do I get it to find the application on hda1? When I try
    Code:
    cedega /dev/hda1/Program%20Files/Maxis/The%20Sims/Sims.exe
    it says something like "usr/lib/transgaming/blahblahblah/wine could not find /dev/hda1/Program%20Files/Maxis/The%20Sims/Sims.exe"[/code]

Similar Threads

  1. how install cedega-wineX in knoppix .... cvs??
    By zlibre in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 12:57 AM
  2. Cedega Issue
    By Kowood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 05:50 AM
  3. Using Files on Windows Partition in Cedega??
    By Kowood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 10:59 PM
  4. cedega help
    By Siphter in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 07:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$58.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5

20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive

$349.99