Hi, i've had a peek through the search facility here and can't find anything that quite answers what I need, although i'm a complete novice, so I may have missed it. If you could either answer, or point me in the direction of a thread which does, that'd be great.
Yesterday my flatmate re-installed (and NTFS - I think - formatted) one of his hard drives with Windows XP on it. In the process he wiped a lot of files on that HDD which were mine, and I wanted to keep.
I've got him to shut his PC down since reinstallation, so it's off right now. Is there any way of retrieving them? A friend suggested that I might be able to find them with Knoppix or something similar. Is this so? If not, is there any freeware anywhere that can sift some of them out? They're not worth hundreds of $$$, and I know i'm likely to have lost some when he reinstalled Windows etc. but to get anything back would be good...
Thanks in advance
Joe

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99
Intel Core i7-14700K Processor (BRAND NEW)
$330.00