Hi All,
definitely need to know if it's only me, or if it's standard that you need to keep saving your config after each session, b4 shutting down/rebooting, cheers.
downdogWoof...
Hi All,
if I've specified knoppix myconfig="path" at boot, why doesn't knoppix auto save any configuration changes before shutting down..? I'm noticing changes are only being retained when I manually save again. Bloody annoying, indeed, mate. Just lost about 30mins of email/filtering settings Cheers.
downdogWoof...
Hi All,
definitely need to know if it's only me, or if it's standard that you need to keep saving your config after each session, b4 shutting down/rebooting, cheers.
downdogWoof...
I'm new to it, but as far as I can tell, there is no auto saving.
But. If you save your configuration files to a floppy (on 3.7 anyway) tryat boot. I was going crazy continually re-configureing until I found that out.Code:knoppix floppyconf
I hoped that helped.
Later.
P.S. Though if there is an auto save, that would be good to know too.

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
Brand New Genuine Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (Advanced Server) Version 3
$39.99
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99