File associations can be set from Control center->KDE components. This setting can also be accessed from konqueror->settings->configure Konqueror.
Hi, I have recently installed Knoppix 3.7 to my HDD and all has been working well except when I opened a Mpeg file I accidently set it to always open this type of file with the XMMS player. Unfortunately, now it seems that everything that I try to open tries to open with XMMS. I cannot open or explore any of my partitions because it keeps using the XMMS player to open it.
Can anybody help me with this ?
I have tried several searches on this forum with no luck so apologies if this has already been covered.
Thanks in advance
Mark![]()
File associations can be set from Control center->KDE components. This setting can also be accessed from konqueror->settings->configure Konqueror.
Thanks for the response. I have gone into file associations and I have gone to all and it says that there isn't any set. I cannot figure out how to fix this.
This is starting to annoy me as I cannot get anything to open properly.
Any help appreciated
Thank
Mark
you could try the open with option then update it to always use that program.
I have tried this, but it still tries to open it with XMMS. I am confused as to why this would happen.
Thanks
Mark
I have managed to sort this out by putting everything back as default in the control centre and then by putting the open with option to konqueror.
Thanks to everyone for their help
Mark
For some odd reason 'all' doesn't mean set all the file type associations, refers to an 'all' type file. But it sounds like restoring defaults worked...good. Personally I change a few...for instance default action for a text file is preview in embedded text editor instead of open with external editor kwite.Originally Posted by Sparky

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99