Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: My modems busy...?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    6

    My modems busy...?

    Hi. Knoppix is my first experience with Linux, just to get that out of the way. I've been trying to get my modem up and running under Knoppix. It's a Conexant HSF modem, which I just learned trying to solve this problem. I have read about the problems with Linux drivers for Winmodems and understand that this is a very common question. I have tried to do a little research, download some drivers (www.linuxant.com), but to no avail. I have gotten Knoppix to recognize my moem, even as a Conexant, but when I try and use kppp to accessthe internet, it always says my modem is busy. Because it sees it, and tells it me it's working to some extent, am I close? Is there a shot that I could tinker with the modem commands to make this work? Any advice would be appreciated!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    6
    Hey. Thanks anyway. Guess you guys just don't know...

Similar Threads

  1. Which modems are supported by Knoppix?
    By s-m-n in forum Networking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-10-2005, 10:27 PM
  2. Modems
    By mimes in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 11:02 PM
  3. modems
    By senorian in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-16-2003, 03:47 PM
  4. Modems that work
    By GeoZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-20-2003, 07:33 AM
  5. modems
    By hacker66868 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 08:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive picture

Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive

$109.99



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED picture

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED

$34.95



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD

$199.00