Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: how to setup the network for cdrom bootup!

  1. #1
    winglion
    Guest

    how to setup the network for cdrom bootup!

    I am newbie, and I am not a native English seaker too! Sorry if my word
    confuse you!
    I boot my machine form the knoppix cdrom! It works quite well except
    that it didn't boot up my ethernet card.
    I use ifconfig and ifup to check it out! It seem that it didn't foud my card at
    all!
    How can I install the net card and network at this case!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: how to setup the network for cdrom bootup!

    --Please post the manufacturer, model name and type of ethernet card you have (PCI, PCMCIA, etc.)

    Example:
    IBM 10/100 Etherjet, PCMCIA 32-bit CardBus
    OR
    3Com 3c509 PCI

    --With some older cards (mostly ISA) you may have to load a module manually and assign the card an IRQ and memory address.

    Quote Originally Posted by winglion
    I am newbie, and I am not a native English seaker too! Sorry if my word
    confuse you!
    I boot my machine form the knoppix cdrom! It works quite well except
    that it didn't boot up my ethernet card.
    I use ifconfig and ifup to check it out! It seem that it didn't foud my card at
    all!
    How can I install the net card and network at this case!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 04:54 PM
  2. help me to setup network
    By iqbal_ktop in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2003, 11:42 AM
  3. Network adapter freezes knoppix during setup. Help!
    By Frits Plotseling in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 06:33 PM
  4. intel network card setup?
    By moose_knoppix in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2003, 06:48 AM
  5. Newbie question: Network setup
    By ShonenFan in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 07:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



SSD 2.5

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed

$42.00



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99