Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: how to setup the network for cdrom bootup!

  1. #1
    winglion
    Guest

    how to setup the network for cdrom bootup!

    I am newbie, and I am not a native English seaker too! Sorry if my word
    confuse you!
    I boot my machine form the knoppix cdrom! It works quite well except
    that it didn't boot up my ethernet card.
    I use ifconfig and ifup to check it out! It seem that it didn't foud my card at
    all!
    How can I install the net card and network at this case!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: how to setup the network for cdrom bootup!

    --Please post the manufacturer, model name and type of ethernet card you have (PCI, PCMCIA, etc.)

    Example:
    IBM 10/100 Etherjet, PCMCIA 32-bit CardBus
    OR
    3Com 3c509 PCI

    --With some older cards (mostly ISA) you may have to load a module manually and assign the card an IRQ and memory address.

    Quote Originally Posted by winglion
    I am newbie, and I am not a native English seaker too! Sorry if my word
    confuse you!
    I boot my machine form the knoppix cdrom! It works quite well except
    that it didn't boot up my ethernet card.
    I use ifconfig and ifup to check it out! It seem that it didn't foud my card at
    all!
    How can I install the net card and network at this case!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 04:54 PM
  2. help me to setup network
    By iqbal_ktop in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2003, 11:42 AM
  3. Network adapter freezes knoppix during setup. Help!
    By Frits Plotseling in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 06:33 PM
  4. intel network card setup?
    By moose_knoppix in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2003, 06:48 AM
  5. Newbie question: Network setup
    By ShonenFan in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 07:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" (WDS500G2B0A) SSD

$43.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A picture

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A

$41.99



M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health picture

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health

$19.49



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



M.2 NVMe SSD 2280 Single Notch 128GB 256GB 512GB | Very Good health picture

M.2 NVMe SSD 2280 Single Notch 128GB 256GB 512GB | Very Good health

$38.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III 2.5

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III 2.5" Internal SSD (MZ7LN250HMJP) dell Lenovo hp

$32.99