Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: how to setup the network for cdrom bootup!

  1. #1
    winglion
    Guest

    how to setup the network for cdrom bootup!

    I am newbie, and I am not a native English seaker too! Sorry if my word
    confuse you!
    I boot my machine form the knoppix cdrom! It works quite well except
    that it didn't boot up my ethernet card.
    I use ifconfig and ifup to check it out! It seem that it didn't foud my card at
    all!
    How can I install the net card and network at this case!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: how to setup the network for cdrom bootup!

    --Please post the manufacturer, model name and type of ethernet card you have (PCI, PCMCIA, etc.)

    Example:
    IBM 10/100 Etherjet, PCMCIA 32-bit CardBus
    OR
    3Com 3c509 PCI

    --With some older cards (mostly ISA) you may have to load a module manually and assign the card an IRQ and memory address.

    Quote Originally Posted by winglion
    I am newbie, and I am not a native English seaker too! Sorry if my word
    confuse you!
    I boot my machine form the knoppix cdrom! It works quite well except
    that it didn't boot up my ethernet card.
    I use ifconfig and ifup to check it out! It seem that it didn't foud my card at
    all!
    How can I install the net card and network at this case!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 04:54 PM
  2. help me to setup network
    By iqbal_ktop in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2003, 11:42 AM
  3. Network adapter freezes knoppix during setup. Help!
    By Frits Plotseling in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 06:33 PM
  4. intel network card setup?
    By moose_knoppix in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2003, 06:48 AM
  5. Newbie question: Network setup
    By ShonenFan in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 07:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver picture

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver

$299.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99