-
Knoppix/Win2K Dual Boot using boot.ini
Hello all, I've recently downloaded and installed Knoppix 3.7 on one of my hard disks (using "knx2hd"), and I'm having a little problem. I've successfully set up my ext3 partition, and my linux-swap partition on a SATA drive that I've also got two other partitions on (an NTFS partition for storing downloads in win2000, and a FAT32 partition, so both Knoppix and Windows can read/write from/to it). I've also used knx2hd to copy the knoppix files over to the ext3 partition. However, the problem lies in the fact that I'm trying to use boot.ini to let me chose Knoppix at boot time. I've used the following command to dump the first 512 bytes of the ext3 partition to a binary file:
Code:
dd if=/dev/sda4 of=/mnt/floppy/knoppix.bin /bs512 /count=1
I've also put a line in the end of the boot.ini file so that I can choose "Knoppix 3.7" at boot up:
Code:
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect
c:\knoppix.bin="Knoppix 3.7"
However, when I rebooted, I chose the Knoppix OS, and the bootloader echoed "L" followed by lots of "01"'s, and the system hung. This leads me to believe that I'm not generating the knoppix.bin file properly. Can anyone help me, please?
Similar Threads
-
By deepak_abc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 20
Last Post: 08-08-2007, 03:05 AM
-
By destro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
-
By Jansi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 08:31 PM
-
By jimbo62 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 04:22 PM
-
By saberworks in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-28-2004, 11:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

HYNIX HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK 32GB PC4-2666V 2RX4 RDIMM MEMORY HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$189.99

TEAMGROUP T-Force Zeus 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 Desktop RAM Kit
$199.99

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

2x32gb (64GB) DDR4 RAM SODIMM 3200MHZ MEMORY
$315.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$378.00