Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: remastering and networking

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2

    remastering and networking

    Hi,

    I am new to remastering and new to the forum but I have searched extensively and I thought I'd ask a question in case someone can help me out.

    I am creating a knoppix that does not require X or KDE and I created a long and ugly list of packages that I don't want in the distro (I will post the list in a moment). My iso boots fine and gets me to a prompt in run level 3 as I want, however the system does not recognize my network card. /etc/init.d/networking is run during startup in /etc/rc3.d. If I issue an ifup -a it will only bring up loop0 and does not see an eth0. I have modifyed /etc/network/interfaces appropriately.

    I am thinking I uninstalled the package that contains the drivers for my ethernet card. Any thoughts?

    TIA.

    Here is what I removed:

    x3270
    xanim festlex-oald
    netscape-java-477
    j2re1.3
    3270-common
    tgif
    giflib-bin
    frotz xfractint
    giflib3g communicator-smotif-477
    netscape-base-477
    maelstrom communicator-base-477
    gimp1.2-nonfree
    acroread
    lha
    unarj
    xsnow
    tetex-base
    tetex-extra
    j2re1.3
    lyx
    acroread
    qcad
    rocks-n-diamonds
    kde-i18n-da
    kde-i18n-it
    kde-i18n-de
    kde-i18n-fr
    kde-i18n-ru
    kde-i18n-nl
    kde-i18n-ja
    kde-i18n-es
    kde-i18n-cs
    kde-i18n-pl
    kde-i18n-tr
    xfonts-intl-chinese
    kword
    kpresenter
    abiword-gtk
    karbon
    kchart
    kformula
    kivio
    koffice-libs
    kontour
    koshell
    kspread
    falconseye-data
    rocks-n-diamonds
    amor
    nethack-x11
    gnome-games-locale
    xboard
    gnocatan-client
    imaze
    kmahjongg
    gnome-gnibbles
    freeciv-gtk
    ktuberling
    gnocatan-help
    ksirtet
    gnome-gnobots2
    jumpnbump
    ksnake
    xgalaga
    lskat
    katomic
    kshisen
    konquest
    chromium
    ktux
    moon-buggy
    kmoon
    ksame
    gnuchess
    ktron
    frozen-bubblekjumpingcube
    fortune-mod
    kodo
    gnocatan-ai
    gnocatan-server-console
    gnocatan-server-data
    nethack
    821
    fortunes
    searchandrescue
    xbill
    kspaceduel
    libkdegames
    tipptrainer-data-dexconq
    gcompris
    gnome-chess
    tuxracer-data
    abuse-frabs
    gnome-gnotski
    frotz
    kblackbox
    gnome-games
    gnome-gtali
    gnome-iagno
    gnome-stones
    gnocatan-server-gtk
    lxdoom-x11
    maelstrom
    kabalone
    gnome-gnotravex
    fortunes-min
    chromium-data
    kdegames
    pingus-data
    task-kde-games
    stax
    gnome-card-games
    xtris
    xtux
    kjezz
    lxdoom
    k3b
    k3blibs
    kaddressbook
    kalarm
    kandy
    kappfinder
    karm
    kasteroids
    kate
    kate-plugins
    katomic
    kbattleship
    kcalc
    kcharselect
    kcmlinuz
    kcontrol
    kcron
    kdat
    kde-menu-knopp
    kde-services-k
    kdeaddons-kfil
    kdeadmin-kfile
    kdebase
    kdebase-bin
    kdebase-data
    kdebase-kio-pl
    kdelibs-bin
    kdelibs-data
    kdelibs4
    kdelibs4-dev
    kdepasswd
    kdepim-kfile-p
    kdepim-kio-plu
    kdeprint
    kdesktop
    kdessh
    kdm
    kfax
    kfind
    kfloppy
    kget
    kghostview
    kgpgcertmanage
    khelpcenter
    khexedit
    kicker
    kiconedit
    klaptopdaemon
    klipper
    kmahjongg
    kmail
    kmailcvt
    kmenuedit
    kmix
    knode
    knotes
    kompare
    konq-plugins
    konqueror
    konsole
    konsolekalenda
    kontact
    kooka
    korganizer
    kpackage
    kpager
    kpaint
    kpersonalizer
    kpf
    kpilot
    kppp
    krdc
    kreversi
    krfb
    ksmserver
    ksnapshot
    ksokoban
    ksplash
    kstars
    ksync
    ksysguard
    ksysguardd
    ksysv
    kteatime
    ktimer
    ktnef
    ktuberling
    kuickshow
    kuser
    kview
    kviewshell
    kwin
    kxconfig
    libkcal2
    libkdeedu1
    libkdegames1
    libkdenetwork2
    libkdepim1
    libkgantt0
    libkleopatra0a
    libkonq4
    libkpimexchang
    libkpimidentit
    libkscan1
    libksieve0
    libmimelib1a
    mkdesktophdico
    networkconfig-
    secpolicy
    vimpart
    xfonts-konsole
    nxagent
    xnest
    xserver-3dlabs
    xserver-8514
    xserver-agx
    xserver-common
    xserver-i128
    xserver-mach32
    xserver-mach64
    xserver-mach8
    xserver-p9000
    xserver-s3
    xserver-s3v
    xserver-svga
    xserver-vga16
    xserver-w32
    xserver-xfree8
    xsession-inits
    aumix-gtk
    efax-gtk
    ettercap-gtk
    gdk-imlib1
    gtk-engines-ge
    gtk-engines-ge
    gtk-engines-qt
    gtk2-engines-g
    gtk2-engines-q
    gtkam
    libexif-gtk4
    libgtk1.2
    libgtk1.2-comm
    libgtk2.0-0
    libgtk2.0-bin
    libgtk2.0-comm
    libgtkmm2.0-1c
    libgtkspell0
    libwxgtk2.4
    vim-gtk
    gconf2
    libgconf2-4
    libxml2
    mkdesktophdico
    networkconfig-
    gksu
    libgksuui1.0-0
    libgtk2.0-0
    libgtk2.0-bin
    libgtk2.0-comm
    libsdl-gfx1.2
    sane
    samba
    samba-common
    sambastart-kno
    ace-of-penguin
    libkdegames1
    ace-of-penguin
    enigma
    enigma-data
    gnuchess
    gtans
    katomic
    kbattleship
    kmahjongg
    ksokoban
    libkdegames1
    xboing
    xgalaga
    xskat
    libnessus2
    nessus
    nessus-plugins
    nessusd
    startnessus-kn
    ethereal
    ethereal-commo
    tethereal
    ettercap-commo
    ettercap-gtk
    bind9
    airsnort
    cupsconfig-kno
    cupsys
    cupsys-bsd
    cupsys-client
    libcupsimage2
    libcupsys2-dev
    libcupsys2-gnu
    emacs21
    emacs21-bin-co
    emacs21-common
    emacsen-common
    zile
    java-common
    hping2
    httptunnel
    hunt
    atmel-firmware
    ipw2100-nonfre
    linux-wlan-ng
    linux-wlan-ng-
    madwifi
    madwifi-module
    orinoco
    prism54
    prism54-nonfre
    wireless-tools
    mozilla
    mozilla-browse
    mozilla-locale
    mozilla-mailne
    mozilla-psm
    netcat
    netcat6
    rdesktop
    samba
    samba-common
    sambastart-kno
    vpnc
    smpeg-xmms
    xmms
    xmms-cdread
    xmms-goom
    xmms-modplug
    xmms-volnorm

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2
    Update:

    On my test machine, if I boot the 2.6 kernel the NIC is loaded properly.

Similar Threads

  1. GUI for Networking?
    By jpkennedy79 in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 05:08 AM
  2. Networking
    By anthonywandeto in forum Networking
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 03:41 PM
  3. Remastering Suite V1.01 released! Easy Knoppix-Remastering
    By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
  4. Networking
    By Nthline in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2003, 10:44 PM
  5. Remastering Scripts : easy remastering
    By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage IDE Removable Hard Drive Mobile Rack 5.25 Bay 50-Pin Tray + Maxtor 40GB picture

Vintage IDE Removable Hard Drive Mobile Rack 5.25 Bay 50-Pin Tray + Maxtor 40GB

$49.99



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS picture

Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS

$59.99



Vintage Dysan 100 MD2HD 5.25” Floppy Disks 10 Pack Sealed Double Sided HD | IBM picture

Vintage Dysan 100 MD2HD 5.25” Floppy Disks 10 Pack Sealed Double Sided HD | IBM

$38.00



Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts picture

Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts

$49.78



Vintage Toshiba Satellite Pro 490CDT Laptop PII 233MHz 96MB 4GB Win98 Bad Backli picture

Vintage Toshiba Satellite Pro 490CDT Laptop PII 233MHz 96MB 4GB Win98 Bad Backli

$100.00



Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00

$199.99



Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New picture

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New

$82.00