from Harry Kuhman
. Please define "in the same way".
from Bajaporsche
in accordance with this type procedure;
(a) turn power to computer.
(B) turn computer on (boot up computer?????)
(c) then click the aol icon, wait for proper aol window.
(d) enter proper password, then click "OK" button.

but in between steps (b) and (c) I would boot up the Knoppix CD?

BajaPorsche wrote:
2. will I need to boot up a Knoppix CD first, then try to access the internet?

from Harry Kuhman
As opposed to what? Sitting the CD next to the computer and trying to get onto the Internet before Knoppix is booted? You could try that. The use of recreational drugs may help (only where legal, of course). It tends to be more of a spiritual journey that way than booting Knoppix first though.
from bajaporsche
No....like this....setting the CD next to my cup of coffee...accessing the internet on my original OS, then booting up the knoppix CD after I have accessed the internet......
to seek enlightenment, one must first be wise, for wisdom will lead you away from sources, who tend to hinder.