-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
chris-harry
giving cd's to friends and showing them how to use it is the easy part... thats what i did... then, when they ask you a question you dont know... just run out of the room...

Long ago I tried convincing a friend to use knoppix. He never even knew there was the option of making a dual boot system, it took me a while to realize that. He thought installing any distro of linux would replace windows and was too big of a leap to take. Thats when I explained dual boot to him, and then I gave him a knoppix cd, configured his bios so it would run, and he liked alot. Its interesting how alot of people don't know about such possibilities yet. I haven't switched to a dual boot yet, I still use the knoppix live cd (I tried installing Debian, but the whole partitioning part just confused me a bit much at the time). That doesn't mean I won't try again though eventually. This definitely got me a great start into the world of linux, after hearing so much about it and never having the guts to try it, with little hard drive space, and realizing that I didn't have to install it.
Similar Threads
-
By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 12:16 PM
-
By oman in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 06:44 PM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99