I'd like to change the default loading OS during boot time from Linux to Windows (its loading linux by default)
In other linux distros this is very easy to do but in knoppix I just can't seem to find that setting
love the distro otherwise
I'd like to change the default loading OS during boot time from Linux to Windows (its loading linux by default)
In other linux distros this is very easy to do but in knoppix I just can't seem to find that setting
love the distro otherwise
As root edit the /etc/lilo.conf file.
According to http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/l...-liloconf.html, there is a default=SomeLinuxLabel section in the lilo.conf file.
Change the label from whatever is present to the label of the windows section.
Save the file and exit the editor.
Again as root run the follwing command from a command line: /sbin/lilo
It should give you some output that explains that it found both the windows and the linux section in the lilo.conf file and the starred * label will be the default entry.
I hope this helps.
James

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM Storwize V5000E V5030E SAN Storage Control Enclosure Server w/ Dual 02PX517
$1249.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99