Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Official Knoppix 64 bit

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    9

    Official Knoppix 64 bit

    Hi all   

    I have just started learning Linux and I have discovered Knoppix 3.7 recently.
    I am fastinated with it, works really well.
    I have the intention of installing it in my HD, but I have an AMD64 based computer, and
    I was wondering if it is planned to build an "official" version on Knoppix 64 bit.
    I know aobut the existence of a 3.4 version in the web, www.applia.fr/knoppix64, but I am
    asking for a version builded "officially" as this last 3.7 version for i386, and downloable from this link,
    not a remasterized one.

    Thanks for all in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    london town
    Posts
    220
    kanotix runs 64bit.

    from what i have heard its ment to be good. i havent used it my self as i dont have a 64bit motherboard.


    btdownloadcurses --max_upload_rate 12 http://kanotix.com/files/kanotix64/K...01.iso.torrent, and (#2) ftp://debian.tu-bs.de/kanotix/KANOTI...64-2005-01.iso
    ftp://debian.tu-bs.de/kanotix/KANOTI...64-2005-01.md5
    ftp://debian.tu-bs.de/kanotix/KANOTI...005-01.iso.crc
    theres no direct link on http://kanotix.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    200
    I've been trying out the 32 bit kanotix and I have to say it is incredibly robust and VERY handy. It takes all the best elements of Knoppix and improves on them.

Similar Threads

  1. Official 4.0 EN version available now
    By Harry Kuhman in forum News
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-24-2005, 10:43 PM
  2. How do I make my mirror official ?
    By Syl in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2005, 06:20 PM
  3. KNOPPIX 3.7 OFFICIAL TORRENT
    By eman45008 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 10:41 PM
  4. Official German distro
    By bigpilot in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 10:42 AM
  5. Is the official forum down?
    By Rixel in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-29-2002, 05:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$461.10



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$307.05



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$427.48



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$15.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1774.24



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000 picture

HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000

$599.99



WD BLACK SN850 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD Western Digital EC picture

WD BLACK SN850 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD Western Digital EC

$115.00



Microsoft Surface Book 2 15 TOUCH i7-8650U 1.90GHz 16GB 1TB SSD picture

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15 TOUCH i7-8650U 1.90GHz 16GB 1TB SSD

$325.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99