-

Originally Posted by
Markus
Do you mean you can't login as root anywhere or just to KDE?
Thank you for the reply Markus. First of all Knoppix is great, I just have to get used to using Debian which has not been tweaked with additional gui additions. Originally after the hd install I could not log on as root in the pop up window to do Administrative tasks. I could log on as root by typing "su" in a command window.
So I got out my Linux Administration and Installation Guide and after opening the console, I typed su. The root command "#" appeared without a password. I then typed "passwd" and a line appeared asking for the new password. I typed in my new password twice and then typed "exit" twice.
I can now logon as root when asked for a password and make administrative changes when needed.
Thank you for your reply, paul
Similar Threads
-
By dtz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-29-2005, 05:25 PM
-
By mr__ed in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 07:37 AM
-
By lwsimon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 02:31 PM
-
By nishtya in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 05:00 PM
-
By steingra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99