Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: persistent pcmcia wlan configuration?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1

    persistent pcmcia wlan configuration?

    Hi,

    I have this computer here which has a knoppix 3.7 hdd install (works great).

    Now I put a pcmcia wlan card in. I can configure it with netcardconfig and wlanconfig just fine. It's eth0.

    But how do I make this machine activate this interface at bootup?

    I noticed that the wlan configuration is stored in /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts. This file is called from /etc/pcmcia/wireless, which itself is called from /etc/pcmcia/network.
    Question 1: How do I start this script easiest at bootup?
    Question 2: If I run /etc/pcmcia/network start eth0 manually, it fails (if simply gives me the usage hints, as if I had some parameters wrong). What's the problem there? I noticed that this script is only run from wlan-ng, which seems to be able to handle only prism2 cards (I have an smc card with a driver I downloaded somewhere else).

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    65
    Checkout

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...5272&highlight

    Open a terminal and type in "man interfaces".This will give you the
    manual page for this config file.
    If you get stumped,post again and I'll try to help.

    Good Luck

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.7 WLAN PCMCIA Problem
    By DaSilva in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2005, 03:08 PM
  2. WLAN PCMCIA Problem
    By DaSilva in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 09:05 PM
  3. wlan configuration problem
    By lukki in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2004, 08:35 PM
  4. PCI ilo PCMCIA NIC - WLAN Dell Latitude
    By anotherulrich in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 07:26 PM
  5. The best wlan pcmcia card for knoppix
    By onimeno in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 06:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km picture

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km

$15.99



For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX picture

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge R420 Server 2x Xeon E5-2440 v2 1.90GHz, 16GB , 8 Caddies NO HHD picture

Dell PowerEdge R420 Server 2x Xeon E5-2440 v2 1.90GHz, 16GB , 8 Caddies NO HHD

$199.99