-
After knoppix hdinstall settings don't get saved
Hi all,
I did an hd install with knoppix-installer and succeeded. But when I want to change settings of different kde progs like kmix of kdetv i succeed for 1 session, but when I boot the compu again the settings are 'reset'.. and yes I tried all save-settings in the different programs themselves.. in some way the knoppix systeem seems to be read-only for specific config settings (installing programs works though, so partitions are mounted rw). it doesnt matter if im root or not.
can someone help me out? cuz i like knoppix a lot!! 
grtz,
chrizz
-
I had that problem too when i made a HD install. Then i heard of another distro called Kanotix which is based on Knoppix. It is a live CD too but fully optimized for HD installation and i don't see those kind of problems anymore. Since you've just started out and havent really settled yet with Knoppix, why not give it a try? 
http://www.kanotix.net
-
Try this
Try to chmod 777 the directory in which the programs settings are saved.
or u can do this @ boot time... Try something like:
/dev/hdc6 /mnt/E ntfs uid=xxx,gid=xxx,rw,users
in /etc/fstab
uid=user id, and gid= group idea (ussualy 1000 if I remember correctly)
if this doesn't work, try deleting the files that contain the program settings of the specific program...
hopefully afterwards it will create a read/write capable file.. I suspect the knoppix-installer script
blankly copyd the files + their permissions from the cd when installing. =P lol
Can anyone help me with that script though... I posted something on it, bout 2 days ago.
Similar Threads
-
By joshknape in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-22-2006, 07:58 AM
-
By kenoh in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-09-2005, 07:25 PM
-
By kq9j in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-06-2005, 06:39 AM
-
By jMon54 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 08:26 PM
-
By pwoods in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-11-2003, 06:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Retro Working Macintosh SE SE30 Analog Board 820-0206-B 630-0147 w/Power Supply
$107.95

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller
$499.99