-
Same issue, simple solution
IanHall:
I had the same issue with my ABS zForce F2 notebook. I have an SXGA+ LCD display, and the native res is 1400x1050. When I started using Knoppix 3.7, I couldn't go higher than 1024x768 without the screen either wigging out, or splitting/mirroring on me. It was really annoying.
Then I read a cheatcodes section, and have not had the problem yet. When Knoppix boots, press F3 to enter the cheatcodes menu. In the menu type: knoppix screen=[your resolution] depth=32. Only type in 32 for the depth if your machine can handle 32 bit color depth. When the OS finally loads and you make it to your desktop, save a configuration file to your HDD. After that, when you load Knoppix on start up, enter the cheatcodes menu and enter myconfig=scan, and it will load your saved configuration file, and will start up with the correct display.
I'm still running my copy from the CD, so I don't know if it's different from a copy that's installed to a HDD, but I'm sure it is. It's worth a shot though!
Similar Threads
-
By kallumama in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-06-2005, 04:37 PM
-
By Islington in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-23-2005, 01:48 PM
-
By Darcian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 02:02 AM
-
By manatarms1775 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 11:27 PM
-
By Patrick21 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 10:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Micro Center 2-in-1 SSD Flash Drive 1TB USB-A/USB-C USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps
$240.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$288.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00