Yeah, the British must have a thing for recognizing empire builders. Even if those empires are built using questionable practices and crappy software.
Not, of course, to insult any Brits here.![]()
Please don't insult all Brits.
It was our government who nominated him, so stick to insulting the current British government.
<Gov in a whisper to Bill: "Give us a good deal on Microsoft Software for the National Health Service IT Project and we'll give you a gong!">
I read that in the "paper" (news) the other day. It's an "honorary" knighthood ... i think there is a big difference in the implication.
But, definitely a big wank. Ballmer can be his "page" boy, or something ... oh, thats right, e already is anyway ...
Bill's been getting into this great "Philanthropist" thing a lot lately too. A lot of his kind do, curiously enough ... the Kennedys, Rockafellas, etc ... all mob crims. All try to purchase respectability, after they have amassed huge stores of money. By not so respectable means.
Well, as the song says ...
"Steal a little, and they will send you to gaol, steal a lot, and they will make you King ..."
jm
I apologize if it seemed I was insulting all Brits. That wasn't my intention. It's probably the Irish roots. I'm working on it, going to meetings and all.
Bill Gates still sucks though. I think all nationalites can agree on that.
its not just him thats writing the code... the shocking programers behind it too!!! hes just soo stuffed with money he is one sighted and cant see the crappy code...
I doubt if BG writes anything. More business oriented than anything else ...
jm
true... i see him more as a business man instead of a caffine drugged programer... no offence to anyone...
you are talking about Bill Gates on a linux forum... who is going to get offended hereOriginally Posted by chris-harry
?
ill probly not be the last one to crack off a few good ones at bill here. But, seriously i think he needs to hire programmers that are under payed like his slave group of programmers i bet are. I think he needs to calm down a bit and lend a bit more cash over to his programmers and say hey look... take as much time as needed on re programming the windows OS. I seriously doubt he would do that though. you see lets face it bill is a money hungry person. It matters not weather your system shuts down or there are errors going through your system. that is why there are 3erd party aplications out there to help with things like that. I figure one of these says that bill will come to relise he has to pack as much punch into his software as he possably can. I mean now his software is a bit too soft. sure its easy on the eyes and non linux people are in awe by this but experenced people like us know that behind all that cool looking cover up is a number of things wrong. I mean if you look at windows Me it was a discrase to his whole corperation. sure it looked nice but it was 10x as bad as windows 98 and it was packed full of security issues and it had more bugs in it then u could shake a stick at. and about the topic at hand I thing there has to be something wrong with the brits. No offence here but come on lets re think this for a moment.. going back to what i have stated i personally think his software is way way over priced. Not to mention bugy. Nighting him is a nice thing to do but lets face it his software stinks! I seriously hope bill would come to find these posts and read over them. What a riot it would be to see his face after reading this.

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 32GB RAM No Drives/OS Server
$292.50
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00