Quote Originally Posted by xfiles
Just exactly how would one do that? I've got Azureus but couldn't figure out how to help out. I d-loaded the ISO via e-mule, took a day and a night, terribly slow, but couldn't figure out how to contribute it to a torrent once it was d-loaded. Would like to help out, I have a cable internet connection. Any hints appreciated. BTW, 3.8 is kind of cool, Knoppix just keeps getting better all the time. This is a German distro, you must use shift-zero to get the '=' sign to use the cheat code "lang=us" if you are in America. Worked great. How come Germans have a different keyboard? Different characters? Just wondering.
Just open the torrent with a bittorrent client. When the client asks you (windows) where you want to download to, choose the location of the existing file. If you are using Linux, just cd to the directory the iso is in before opening the torrent. If you are using bittorrent 4.0 for windows, note that it will try to download to the desktop by default. You will need to change the "settings" within the GUI to make it ask you where to download each file. When it sees that the file already exists, it will check the existing file. Then, it will automatically seed the file. I'm on cable and got the file via bittorrent in about 6 hours. Now all we need is to slashdot the torrent, as to make it stay up long term. Not everyone reads these forums, you know.